126 W. 81st Street
New York, NY 10024
Professional Summary: I am a communications professional with more than twenty-five years of experience creating clear, focused and engaging content for digital and print media. My areas of expertise include medicine/pharma, health, fitness, and the arts.
Multiple staff and freelance affiliations with the following agencies/clients:
- Sudler & Hennessey: Copy supervisor responsible for concept development and copy across a range of platforms; accounts included a cholesterol-lowering agent (Lopid), antibiotics (Rocephin, Mycobutin, Biaxin, and Merrem), toothpaste and mouthwash (Mentadent). Helped launch the DTC campaign for Rocephin in the treatment of acute otitis media and created materials to address competition from the emerging quinolone market. Provided freelance support for materials supporting pneumococcal vaccination and for Text4Baby, a free mobile information service designed to promote maternal and child health through text messaging
- L.A. Bruell: Writer/editor on Stop, Look, Listen, an interactive training program designed to increase clinician confidence in recognizing and reporting cases of physical child abuse. Tasksalso included preparation of supplementary user materials and a video and print “how-to” guide.
- Medicus: Senior copywriter on Cytotec
- Robert A. Becker: Senior copywriter on Talwin, Danocrine, and Ovcon
- SJ Weinstein: Copywriter on Alcon ophthalmic instruments, Arthrotec, Ceredase, Serentil, and Monoclate-P (antihemophilic factor).
- Intramed: Writer on interactive sales training materials for Boniva; drafted early version of company website
- MedWrite Corporation: Sole proprietor of small medical communications company from 1993 to 2003; completed sales aids, sales training modules, and other promotional materials for a physician audience
Additional clients include FCB Health; Bozell Healthcare; Cline, Davis, & Mann; Grey Healthcare.
Hospital for Special Surgery
- Helped build patient education library by producing 100+ articles posted to the hospital’s website http://www.hss.edu, which features portals for both lay and professional audiences.
- Wrote articles for Discovery to Recovery, the hospital’s publication for donors.
- Summarized scientific research conducted at the hospital.
- Prepared advertising copy to promote news of advancements and hospital-based CME programs for external physician audiences.
Mount Sinai Hospital
Writer/editor responsible for content for employee newsletters and promotional folders for individual services within the hospital and its satellites, including the Gynecologic Oncology Program; Chronic Kidney Disease Program; and The Center for Molecular Cardiology.
Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai Roosevelt (formerly St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center)
Writer/editor in the Hospital Center’s Department of Public Affairs, where I produced dozens of articles, brochures, and press releases for internal and external audiences; also assisted with media relations.
NYU Langone Medical Center
Contributing writer for Bones & Joints newsletter.
Milbank Fund: Writer/editor responsible for press releases and editing/rewrite of policy papers posted at www.milbank.org
International Medical Corps: Assigned to revise and edit this organization’s physician handbook for use in the field. This project involved creating a consistent format and voice throughout the 1,000+ page manuscript, based on chapters contributed by multiple authors in numerous medical specialties.
SART: Project manager/editor for pocket guide created for healthcare professionals who act as part of the sexual assault response team.
Freelance copywriter for Book Club division; produced promotional content in monthly newsletters.
Bottom Line Natural Healing
Contributing writer on topics ranging from interval training to the health benefits of chocolate.
Contributor to Build Your Own Brand: Strategies, Prompts and Exercises for Marketing Yourself by Robin Landa (HOW Books, 2013)
Copywriting Instructor at Kean University teaching basic skills to students enrolled in the Robert Busch
ESL editor for PhD candidates who are non-native speakers of English.
Medicare Rights Center: Hotline Counselor, Trainer, Speaker
New York Public Library Literacy Volunteer
Education B.A. English Literature, University of PA
M.A. English Literature, Columbia University